Friday, September 11, 2015

[NOTDs] Winter & Spring 2013

While I have been away from this blog for three years, I have not stopped painting my nails or taking pictures of my manicures.  After abandoning this blog, I started posting my NOTDs on my personal Instagram account, and I have recently created a nails-only Instagram account, @StumpyNails.  Over the years, I have certainly gotten better at taking care of my nails and cuticles, and I have gotten better at taking the pictures too.

To catch up, I will re-post all of those manicures here on the blog.  Some people might prefer following blogs over Instagram, and I think it is easier to find pictures through a Google search than through an Instagram search.  I also have and will continue to re-post my Instagram nail pictures onto a Pinterest board.  (Links to all my accounts are also in the sidebar.)  I plan to continue re-posting my Instagram nail pictures here monthly or seasonally and occasionally.  I may also post about my subscription boxes, favorites, polish comparisons, and other nail polish topics.

My Essie collection, February 2013

Essie Miss Fancy Pants

Nicole by OPI Am I Making Myself Claire?

Julep Joy

Essie Maximillian Stasse-Her

Orly Bon Bon

Essie Pink-a-boo over Zoya Bela
Easter skittles manicure, with Tillie Bows and Bandeaus, Tillie Sarong So Right, Zoya Blu, Julep Blake, and Sinful Colors Orange Cream

Nicole by OPI One Big Happy Fame-ily (3 coats of color), with matching Peep bunny

Nicole by OPI One Big Happy Fame-ily (3 coats of color)

Zoya Julie (which I did not like because it was patchy)
Essie Lapis of Luxury (3 coats of color)

Julep Robin (this one stains horribly)

Zoya Bela (3 coats of color, a bit streaky)
L'Oreal Wishful Pinking (3 coats of color)

Wet n Wild Flossy (1 coat dabbed on) over Zoya Neely (2 coats)

Unless otherwise specified, I use a basecoat, two coats of color, then a topcoat.  My favorite topcoat has always been New York Color Grand Central Station, but I don't remember what basecoat I used back in 2013; possibly it was Zoya Anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment