Thursday, September 10, 2015

[Subscription Box] Julep Maven September 2015


Julep Maven September 2015 Monthly Subscription Box

I have skipped the past few Julep Maven boxes, but the September colors drew me in.  I think I swapped out one item, added on one item with my Jules, and received a bonus polish for free.

Julep September 2015 Maven Box, featuring (l-r) Cassandra, Rayma, Aubrey, Zoey, and one polish labeled "Julep 5226"

Cassandra - A dark wine crelly

Rayma - A deep berry cream

Aubrey - A berry metallic

Zoey - A dusty seafoam green cream

Julep 5226 - A dusty purple-pink cream, similar to Essie Splash of Grenadine but darker and more gray for autumn, which was the bonus polish

Julep September 2015 Maven Box Swatches:   (l-r) Cassandra, Rayma, Julep 5226, Aubrey, and Zoey

I have not yet worn any of these polishes on my nails, so I don't know how they truly apply or wear, but I have swatched them on my nail wheel, and all the polish formulas seem fantastic as usual.  Most Julep polishes are thick (but not goopy), apply easily without pooling in my cuticles and self level, and dry fairly quickly.  They are often one-coaters, but I almost always prefer wearing two coats because I have thin nails that need extra protection.  My swatches all have two coats.

A quick run-down of this subscription service:  Julep is a nail polish company that offers a monthly subscription box.  Each month, Julep comes out with new seasonal colors of nail polish along with other nail and beauty goodies.  Subscribers can choose to have Julep pick their box items for a surprise, swap out items to create their own ideal box, or skip any month without being billed.  Subscribers can add on more items to their boxes for a fee (lower than it would cost to buy the items separately from the box), and they also get reduced prices site-wide.  With each box, subscribers accumulate points, called Jules, that can be used towards receiving a free monthly box or free add-ons (your choice how to use them).  Jules are also given out for milestones such as their birthday and the anniversary of subscription.  I think the subscription service is very easy to use.  This was only the second box I took this year, and skipping months is very easy and worry-free.

This is my personal referral link to join Julep Maven.  According to the Julep site, if you join using my link, you get your first box free (whereas if you just join without a referral link you get a box for half-off).  Your first box will not be the usual monthly box; it will be a special welcome box.  For every referral I give that leads to a new subscriber, I get $15 to spend on Julep.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment