Monday, April 16, 2012

[Favorite] Spring 2012 Nail Polishes

I wear spring colors all year.  I love pastels, bright colors, and crisp whites, and they suit my skintone.  Every spring, I stock up on spring clothes and the new spring nail polishes.  This spring, I've been particularly enamored with lavender and light blue nails.

These are my favorite nail polishes to wear this spring as both manicures and pedicures.

[Spring Purples] Nicole by OPI One Big Happy Fame-ily, Essence No More Drama, Orly Bon Bon, Essie She's Picture Perfect
[Purple Nail Polish for Spring] Nicole by OPI One Big Happy Fame-ily, Essence No More Drama, Orly Bon Bon, Essie She's Picture Perfect

My Top 4 Purple Polishes for Spring 2012

Nicole by OPI One Big Happy Fame-ily :: This is a bright lavender polish with silver shimmers.  It will take a few coats for opacity, but it's not streaky.  I wore it here.

Essence No More Drama :: This is a light and desaturated grape purple.  This polish has a great consistency and looks good in two coats.

Orly Bon Bon :: This is a gray yet bright purple.  It is a very light color yet it's opaque and not chalky.  It has a jelly-like consistency.  It looks good in two coats.  I wore it here.

Essie She's Picture Perfect :: This is a blue-tone purple with fuchsia shimmer.  This is another great formula, and it looks good in two coats.

[Spring Blues] Essie Borrowed & Blue, Revlon Whimsical, Zoya Kristen
[Blue Nail Polish for Spring] Zoya Kristen, Revlon Whimsical (over Essie Borrowed & Blue), Essie Borrowed & Blue

My Top 3 Blue Polishes for Spring 2012

Zoya Kristen :: This is a desaturated sky blue.  This was a favorite of mine during the winter months too.  I wore it here.

Revlon Whimsical :: This glitter polish has blue and pink large hexagons, smaller pink hexagons, and dots of blue and pink glitter in a milky blue-green base.  I think it looks better as 1-2 coats worn over another opaque blue polish because it will take a few coats for opacity on its own.

Essie Borrowed & Blue :: This is a very light blue, but it doesn't look stark against my skin.  The formula is excellent: it is not streaky or chalky, and it looks great as one coat.

[Spring Pinks] OPI Japanese Rose Garden, Orly Cupcake, Essie Pink-a-boo
[Pink Nail Polish for Spring] OPI Japanese Rose Garden, Orly Cupcake, Essie Pink-a-boo (over China Glaze Innocence)

My Top 3 Pink Nail Polishes for Spring 2012

OPI Japanese Rose Garden :: This is a medium blue-leaning pink with subtle shimmers.  It's bright and cheery.  I wore it here.

Orly Cupcake :: This is a bright yet slightly dusty pink.  It might lean a tiny bit blue.  The formula is excellent, and it looks good in two coats.  I like this color much better than Orly Lollipop, which leans more blue, is more chalky, and looks too stark against my skintone.

Essie Pink-a-boo :: This is a light, bright pink with fuchsia, blue, and purple shimmers.  This is sheer and somewhat streaky on its own, so I prefer to wear it over another light pink polish (like a coat of China Glaze Innocence).  I wore it on its own here.

[Spring Colors] Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Yellow Kitty, New York Color Peaches 'n Cream, China Glaze Kinetic Candy, China Glaze Techno
[Bright Pastels for Spring] Sally Hansen Complete Manicure Yellow Kitty, New York Color Peaches 'n Cream, China Glaze Kinetic Candy, China Glaze Techno (over Kinetic Candy)

My Favorite Bright Pastel Polishes for Spring 2012

Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty :: This is a sunny yellow.  It is a little streaky, but it's not chalky.  It leans slightly green.  I need three coats for opacity.

New York Color Peaches 'n Cream :: This color is between tangerine and coral.  The formula is excellent, and if applied carefully, it could be a one coater.

China Glaze Kinetic Candy :: This is a slightly green blue.  It is very light and bright but not too neon or too stark against my skin.  It looks good in two coats.

China Glaze Techno :: This is a glittery topcoat.  The glitters are holographic hexagons and small dots.  One coat of this builds up plenty of glitters on a nail.

For reference, I am very fair and have cool-toned skin.

What are your favorite spring nail polishes?

2 comments:

  1. Pretty colours! I really like the first look and how the shades graduate. I don't know if you were just show casing the different colours or not,but it's pretty :)I love nail polish.

    http://cinnamonchit-chat.blogspot.ca/

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was just sharing my favorite colors, but I also thought the purples could be a gradient manicure.

    ReplyDelete