Tuesday, March 6, 2012

[NOTDs] Winter Manicures

This winter, my nails and cuticles have become very dry and very brittle.  I tried to trim my nails with nail clippers, but they all split, so I had to file them very short.  I tried avoiding painting my nails for a few weeks to prevent applying harsh chemicals to my nails, but since my nails are very thin, nail polish actually helps fortify my nails against breaking, so I have started to wear polish again.  I've been trying to keep my hands moisturized, so I bought a small bottle of Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion, and I like it because my skin absorbs it quickly and it doesn't feel greasy on my hands.  I have also been applying Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme to my cuticles before I go to bed each night.  Either these two products have been help moisturize, or my skin has just gotten better on its own.

This post is a collection of "Nail of the Days" since last Christmas.  Yes, Christmas.  I'll show you my most recent manicures first.  Be sure to check out my Zoya post for a few more winter manicures.

For most of these manicures, I have used Orly Bonder as a basecoat and New York Color Grand Central Station for a topcoat with two coats of color in between.  And because my cuticles have looked horrendous, I have photo-altered them to appear less grotesque.  I have not altered the colors or my nails in these pictures.

Barielle Belly Dance
[Floral Accent] Zoya Zanna with New York Color Sidewalking as base on ring finger
[Floral Accent] Zoya Zanna with New York Color Sidewalking as base on ring finger
[Floral Accent] Zoya Zanna with New York Color Sidewalking as base on ring finger
Orly Quite Contrary Berry
Orly Quite Contrary Berry (matches my alma mater sweatshirt)
Orly Fantasea
Essie Size Matters (appears dark in low lighting)
Essie Size Matters (appears bright in sunlight)
Zoya Faye
Orly Nite Owl (looks green against my cool-tone skin)
[New Year's Eve] Manicure: Zoya Shivon, pedicure: China Glaze Ruby Pumps
[Christmas Manicure] China Glaze Glittering Garland and China Glaze Ruby Pumps
[Christmas Manicure] China Glaze Glittering Garland and China Glaze Ruby Pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment