Saturday, October 22, 2011

[NOTD] China Glaze Ghoulish Glow

I have glow-in-the-dark nails!  I feel seven years old.

I used Orly Ridgefiller as my base coat, which right now, I'm not loving - it applied a little streaky.  Then I added 1 coat of Essie "Cloud Nine," a milky white - which isn't streaky at all.  China Glaze "Ghoulish Glow" had a good glow after 3 coats, but I added a 4th for good measure.  Since it dries fast, this wasn't an issue.  I finished with 1 coat of Seche Vite.

China Glaze "Ghoulish Glow"

"Ghoulish Glow" looks like a milky (very slightly green-tone) white on my nails in bright light.  It really just looks like sterotypical 80s glow in the dark color - a somewhat mottled, translucent, faint greenish milky white.

China Glaze "Ghoulish Glow" (indoors, tungsten light)

Like most 80s glow-in-the-dark items, the polish glows strongly after being in direct light, then its glow quickly diminishes.  I took one picture, then I took another less than 30 seconds later, and the glow intensity had already diminished significantly.

China Glaze "Ghoulish Glow" : The glow diminishes after 30 seconds.

I'm still wearing my glow-in-the-dark manicure from Thursday.  Today is Saturday, and there is minimal tip wear (and I'm rough on my nails).

Earlier in the week, I had another Halloween mani/pedi.

Pedicure: Revlon "Facets of Fuchsia" | Manicure: Milani "Purple Passion" topped with China Glaze "Black Mesh"

I currently have the same pedicure: Revlon "Facets of Fuchsia."  I'm wearing 2 or 3 coats of this.  I love this color.  It's a fuchsia glitter with a black base.  The glitter pieces are different sizes, so that creates an illusion of depth.

For the first time, I tried a crackle polish.  My manicure is 2 coats of Milani "Purple Passion," which is a lovely purple with blue and pink shimmer.  The crackle is China Glaze "Black Mesh" from the Halloween set. I wish the contrast between the purple and black was greater.  Also, the Milani purple wears and chips quickly, so I only wore this manicure for a couple days.

For both mani and pedi, the base coat was Sally Hansen "Double Duty," and the top coat was Seche Vite.

No comments:

Post a Comment