Wednesday, December 14, 2011

[Nails of December] Orly Candy Cane Lane, Essie Bangle Jangle, Essie Cloud Nine, Zoya Mia

For all nails in this post, I used Sally Hansen Double Duty for the base coat and New York Color Grand Central Station for the top coat.

Most of December, I was into pastel nails.  Now I'm finally sporting a Christmas manicure.  This mani is two coats Orly Candy Cane Lane with New York Color White Lights Glitter on the tips.

Orly Candy Cane Lane with New York Color White Lights Glitter (natural lighting)

Candy Cane Lane looks exactly like the red part of candy canes.  It's a fabulous Christmas red nail polish.

Next up, I wore Essie Bangle Jangle for the first time.

Essie Bangle Jangle and ribbon candy (tungsten lighting, no flash)

Essie Bangle Jangle (tungsten lighting, no flash)


Both of the above pictures were taken with the same camera, at night, under tungsten lighting, and with no flash, but the colors look more true to life in the second picture.

The Bangle Jangle formula is thick and dries quickly, so I had to paint my nails very quickly, which I don't like.  However, the end result was lovely.  You could probably get away with one coat, but I almost always do two to cover up any application mistakes.

From earlier in December, I wore Essie Cloud Nine with a glittery accent nail.

Essie Cloud Nine and accent finger (tungsten lighting, no flash)

I adore Cloud Nine.  It's sheer but milky, so it covers up some of the flaws of my nails, and it is NOT streaky.  I applied two coats for the above look.  On my ring fingers, I applied two coats of Cloud Nine topped with one coat of Essie Kisses & Bises and two coats of New York Color White Lights Glitter.  I think the iridescence and glitter of the ring fingers created a snow globe look.

Lastly, I wore Zoya Mia.

Zoya Mia (natural lighting)

Mia is a dusty rose color.  It's easy to apply and looks great in two coats.

I apologize if these manicures looked sloppy.  I pulled a muscle in my upper back raking leaves (how decrepit am I? geez louise!), so I need to be careful moving my shoulders and neck.  I'm a sloppy painter anyways.  Also, I photo-edited my cuticles in some pictures.  It was for your own sakes (my cuticles looked... gross).  I did not alter the nails.

Right now, I'm decking my nails with glittery metallic nail polish: Revlon Catty.  It's sparkly and cheery.  What are your favorite nail polishes to wear over the winter holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment