Monday, November 14, 2011

[NOTD] Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

I just repainted my nails, but for the last week, I was wearing Revlon "Facets of Fuchsia."  It lasted a week before chipping... because of my new favorite top coat: New York Color "Grand Central Station."  I used Sally Hansen Double Duty for a base coat.

Revlon "Facets of Fuchsia" (indoor tungsten lighting)
"Facets of Fuchsia" has hexagons and tiny dots of fuchsia glitter in a black base.  It was opaque in two coats.  While I normally shy away from black polish (because I am very pale), this polish had enough sparkle to brighten the dreary black.

My only complaint with "Facets of Fuchsia" is that this is by far the worst glitter polish to remove.  I took an hour and a half to remove it all from my nails.  I first tried the method of soaking cotton balls in acetone nail polish remover, putting those on top of my nails, and covering my nails in aluminum foil for a few minutes.  Ultimately, I just scrubbed (and scrubbed... and scrubbed) off the glitter with cotton balls and remover.

On my toes, I'm wearing Zoya "Nina," a creamy red-toned chocolate brown.


Zoya "Nina" (sunlight)

That's 1 coat Sally Hansen Double Duty, 2 coats "Nina," and 1 coat "Grand Central Station."

No comments:

Post a Comment