Monday, July 2, 2012

[Favorites] Summer 2012 Nail Polishes

This summer, I will likely have my nails painted either nude or turquoise.  Nude and turquoise nails go with almost everything in my summer wardrobe, and they look casual and beachy.  I do like to mix it up occasionally with bright or red nails, but I always wear sheer or cream-finish polishes in the summertime.  These are my top 7 favorite nail polishes for Summer 2012.

My Favorite Nail Polishes for Summer 2012 :: Essie Cloud Nine, Orly Gumdrop, Maybelline Racy Red, Essie Splash of Grenadine, Zoya Maya, Zoya Malia, Nicole by OPI All Kendall-ed Up


Essie Cloud Nine :: This is sheer milky white.  It's not streaky - at all.  It makes my nails look naturally whiter and shinier.  Other good nude polishes for summer include Essie Mademoiselle, China Glaze Inner Beauty, and Wet n Wild Megalast Sugar Coat.

Orly Gumdrop :: Turquoise or aqua nails complement my summer clothes and add a bohemian element to a look.  Orly Gumdrop is a light turquoise than leans more blue than green.  I also like Essie Turquoise and Caicos and China Glaze Kinetic Candy.

Maybelline Express Finish Racy Red :: Red nails make a casual summer outfit look more classy.  This is the ideal shade of red for me.  Essie First Dance is a similar color.

Zoya Malia :: I like bright purples and bright blues, and Malia is somewhere in between.  Wet n Wild Megalast On a Trip is similar but leans more blue.

Zoya Maya :: Coral nails are a summer classic, and coral makes most skin tones look more tan.  Maya is a pink coral with a jelly-like finish.

Essie Splash of Grenadine :: I adore this light plum nail polish.  Bonus: it complements my pale, cool-tone complexion.  Maybelline Love Me Lavender is a dupe for this.

Nicole by OPI All Kendall-ed Up :: I love wearing bright pink in the summer, and I think this may be the perfect fuchsia to complement my skin tone.

Maybelline Racy Red, Essie Cloud Nine, Orly Gumdrop || Essie Splash of Grenadine, Zoya Maya, Zoya Malia, Nicole by OPI All Kendall-ed Up


What are your favorite summer nail polishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment